Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Don't Drink The Water

For reals.

It seems like everyone is pregnant these days.  Two girls at work are expecting, two of my best friends from high school (one with twins), one of my favorite bloggers announced she's pregnant today and another one is expecting this spring, along with a plethora of celebrities.

When I picked the kids up from daycare last Friday Gracie stared at my tummy for a while and then said, "Mommy, when your belly gets big then you'll have a baby."  First of all, bless that girl for saying "when."  Second, no. No. No. No.  I told her that mommy doesn't want any more babies, that I already have her and Logan and that's plenty.  She responded, "Well, when you're belly gets big you'll have one."  One track mind, that one. 

I explained again that mommy doesn't want any more babies.  She comes back with, "Well, daddy's belly is big so he's going to have a baby."  Um, no.  "Daddies don't have babies, just mommies."

She was then sufficiently distracted by who knows what (probably Logan hitting her or something) and I was in the clear.

Suffice it to say, I'm considering drinking only bottled water until the coast is clear.


1 comment:

REBECCA said...

Very cute! I've missed your updates.