So, in conclusion, the following are my top 5:
- Entertainment Weekly - this lovely magazine keeps me up to date on the happenings in TV land, the movies, music, and books. I find out a lot of things early and hear a little gossip at the same time. And while Lost was on they provided very good coverage and recaps.
- Vanity Fair - the only one on the list that I don't receive anymore.
But really, they have such interesting and varied articles. Usually there's one about a star each month, but it's not necessarily a current star - it could be Marilyn Monroe, for instance. There's usually a couple of political articles - some I find interesting and some I just skip. And there's usually something to do with Hollywood. Overall, it's well rounded and interesting, but kind of lengthy because of the long articles.
- Good Housekeeping - of course, they give products the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval, so how could I not love it? Along with the seal though, they have lots of great tips and articles for a real household and family.
- Better Homes & Gardens - in my opinion, this magazine competes very closely with Southern Living, which I also receive (mom gifts me a subscription every year). A lot of months, I even notice that their cover pictures are similar. But for me, BHG is the winner. It's easier for me to relate to, even though I do love some things about Southern Living, too (particularly the monthly house plan).
- Parents - when I first had Logan I actually received a magazine similar to this one called Parenting as well. Parents won out, however, because it provides more information in a more pleasant way. I've picked up so many tips from this magazine, from potty training (every child is different) to napping (no longer applies to this mom).