Thursday, June 24, 2010

Top Five Ice Cream Flavors

Here in lovely Charlotte, NC May brought a ton of rain and June has brought a lot of heat.  I have a friend at work who told her parents (who live in Germany) to visit in June to avoid the really hot weather.  So much for that idea...  Anywho, all this hot weather got me thinking about ice cream and it's cold deliciousness (pretty sure I just made that word up).  So the following are my favorite flavors of ice cream:
  1. Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey - no the title doesn't imply what happens when you eat it...I think.  It's banana flavored ice cream with massive dark chocolate chunks and walnuts in it.  It's yummy. 
  2. Baskin Robbins Pralines 'n Cream - vanilla ice cream with a caramel ribbon running through it studded with praline coated pecan pieces.  When I got old enough to request a particular birthday cake, this became the one I wanted.
  3. Breyer's Vanilla Bean - plain vanilla ice cream with little specks of vanilla bean.  Fabulous on its own or with any delicious topping (some of my favorites being caramel, chocolate chips, or fudge).
  4. Haagen Dazs Vanilla Swiss Almond - vanilla ice cream containing almonds coated with chocolate.  Crunchy, just enough chocolate, not too sweet.
  5. Breyer's Triple Chocolate - for those moments when you just need chocolate, this is it.  It's like Neapolitan ice cream, but instead of chocolate, strawberry and vanilla it has white chocolate, milk chocolate, and dark chocolate.  You only need one bowl, but it's worth it.

No comments: