Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blogs I Love

Down the right hand side of my blog there is a list called "Blogs I Love." These are the blogs I like to keep up with on a daily basis. During the extended period of me not posting anything, I used my blog as a way to keep up with other blogs. When the title of their most recent post changed, I knew it was time to check their blog. I have become a serious blog stalker - I love reading about other people's lives and/or how they accomplish different tasks.

One thing I've noticed, though, is that a lot of the blogs I follow are home improvement/upkeep related. Which is ironic since we rent our house and therefore can't make any major changes to it. I would love to make a headboard for my bed and Grace's bed, but it requires attaching it to the wall and we just don't feel comfortable installing the type of hardware that would be required into a wall that we'll (hopefully) leave one day.

I'm also inspired by the blogs themselves. They're so well written and witty...and interesting. It makes me want to make my blog into something people other that my family would find interesting. But in order to get more "commercial" I think I need a theme of things I write about. As in, one of my favorites, Young House Love, writes about changes they make to their house - be it organizing, cleaning, decorating, you name it - it's house related. I gotta be honest with you, I don't think I'm very creative, I hate cleaning, I can't make changes to my house, and I am not the best cook. So where does that leave me?

I have determined that my blog will just be something to make me happy. My posts are about my life, my children, and some random thoughts that shoot through my head. Maybe I'm only the only who will ever find it interesting...but maybe not. And that's okay.

No comments: