Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Child Like Excitement

Actually, I'm probably more excited than my child Logan.  I've just read this review in Entertainment Weekly for Toy Story 3.  They gave it an A, and ramped up my giddiness.  However, I've had to put in on hold.  For Logan.  Who used to watch the videos (not DVD) of Toy Story 1 and 2 over and over and over...it was a lot of rewinding.  It got to the point where I ended up online ordering the DVDs. 

As I was growing up I remember watching Disney movies - Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King.  I loved them.  I still love them.  But Toy Story was released in 1995 when I was in high school.  I was a big girl, right?  Right?  Not really.  I loved Toy Story.  I had Woody and Buzz dolls (that Logan now sleeps with), one of the little aliens (I'm pretty sure Jasie got it for me, and I still have it), maybe even a sticker book (maybe from Robyn).  So when Logan began loving them I was thrilled.

Which is why I have to hold my excitement just a little longer.  He's in Kentucky for the summer, and I want to take him to see it.  Joey had to remind me of this when I wanted to go this weekend.  I'll probably take Logan and my nephews Dalton and Kaleb to see it while we're in Somerset for vacation.  And if the reviews are any indication, we'll all leave happy.

No comments: