Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Let's Hang

Every morning I get ready for work in our bathroom.  I take a shower, put on makeup, and get dressed all in that one room.  Then I pass through our bedroom on my way to the kitchen, stopping to pick up my jewelry from the jewelry box on my dresser.  This can be a little tricky, especially in the winter months when it's so dark in the mornings.  See, because Joey is still sleeping, I don't want to turn on a light.  Not to mention the fact that my necklaces don't hang in the jewelry box, but on the little handle and over a picture frame.  Not the best places to store jewelry.

Originally, I considered copying my sister Catherine and making this, but altering it to work for necklaces.  Then I realized - I don't have the stuff to make it and I don't want to go buy it.  Then, as I was looking through my coupons for my weekly Wal-Mart trip I came across one for $1 off Command picture hanging hooks.  They're the hooks that stick to the wall, but easily come off by pulling down on the tape.  I gave it some thought, and decided I would see if they had some very small hooks, and hang them on the inside of the medicine cabinet door...which is currently very blank.


A trip to Wal-Mart, $1.94, and 5 minutes of "work" and I have this:

The perfect place to hang my necklaces without them getting tangled, that required no craftiness from me.  Jealous?  Yeah, I didn't think so.  But it makes me happy.

No comments: