Monday, September 27, 2010

Fun and Busy

This weekend was a nice one in the Rowe house.  Here's some highlights:

  • We picked up pizza from Domino's for dinner Friday.  Nothing fancy, just one of those $5 ready to go pizzas.  It was yummy.  I got extra pepperoni though - the kids picked all theirs off.
  • I have recently pulled out my bread maker again.  It's funny - we love the fresh bread, it's cheap, and I still never use it.  This time I made Apple Bread.  I didn't really like it too much.  Actually, I don't guess anyone did since there's still some left (last weekend I made cinnamon raisin bread and it didn't last a day).
  • I made a no bake cheesecake "for Joey".  I might have eaten a little bit, although I can guarantee the kids didn't get any.  Not really on purpose though, just worked out that way.
  • I hit up some stores (The Dollar Tree & Michael's) as well as the park to get some items to finish my fall decorating. I'm super excited about how it turned out.
  • Saturday I took the kids to our local library for the first time since we moved here four and a half years ago.  That's right - my kids love books and I'm just now taking them to the library.  It's a lovely library with computers preset with games for kids, a little reading area, and puzzles and games.  They had a great time.
  • While at the library, my friend from work called and asked if Grace would like to come to a birthday party for her next door neighbor at The Little Gym on Sunday.  Knowing Grace would love that, I said yes and we headed to Wal-Mart to buy a gift.  As I was dropping her off on Sunday, the birthday girl walked out of her house with her dad and Grace held up her present and yelled "I've got a Barbie!"  It was hilarious.  Later that evening, Grace looked at me and said, "Mommy, I was just telling her I've got a Barbie doll at my house, you know?"  She's pure rotten, I tell ya.
  • Also while at the library, Joey's friend from Kentucky called and was pretty close to Charlotte visiting his girlfriend's family.  After dropping Grace off for the birthday party, Logan, Joey and I met them for lunch at Mac's BBQ.  They had the Carolina Panthers game on the big screen which Logan got a huge kick out of watching.  He cheered and jeered right along with all the drunk guys. 
  • After hitting up four different grocery stores over the weekend, I finally found some natural coffee filters to make a fall"ish" wreath for our front door.  It's pretty awesome if I do say so myself.
So that's it in a nut shell.  I'm going to do some posts this week about my cool fall decorations, so come back soon.

No comments: