- Bagels - I love plain bagels with plain cream cheese and jelly, especially strawberry rhubarb jelly. I also don't have a problem eating a flavored bagel, but I tend to like these with plain cream cheese. I mean, the idea of a cinnamon raisin bagel with strawberry cream cheese just seems weird to me. I do like plain bagels with flavored cream cheese, though. Especially honey nut.
- Breakfast casserole - I make a breakfast casserole with eggs, bread, sausage, cheese, and mushrooms that I just love. It's everything all in one and sooo good.
- Cereal - With all the varieties to choose from, who doesn't love cereal? Some of my favorites are Fruity Pebbles, Cap'n Crunch Berries, and Frosted Mini Wheats.
- Coffee cake - specifically, the one I make. It has lots of brown sugar and cinnamon and works great as a snack or for breakfast. Logan especially loves it.
- Stuffed french toast - french toast in general is quite yummy (especially the kind fixed at Catherine's house by David) but IHOP has some very yummy stuffed french toast. It's cinnamon raisin toast with a cream cheese filling. Now who can't get behind that? Add a side of bacon, and you're set.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Top Five Breakfast Foods
Breakfast is such a flexible meal. You can have it in the morning, or at night. It doesn't work both ways though - you wouldn't want lasanga for breakfast would you? And while some places serve breakfast any time, the same isn't true of dinner. A lot of breakfast foods also serve well as snack foods. Very flexible. So the following are my top five favorite breakfast foods: