Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Top Five Breakfast Foods

Breakfast is such a flexible meal.  You can have it in the morning, or at night.  It doesn't work both ways though - you wouldn't want lasanga for breakfast would you?  And while some places serve breakfast any time, the same isn't true of dinner.  A lot of breakfast foods also serve well as snack foods.  Very flexible.  So the following are my top five favorite breakfast foods:
  1. Bagels - I love plain bagels with plain cream cheese and jelly, especially strawberry rhubarb jelly.  I also don't have a problem eating a flavored bagel, but I tend to like these with plain cream cheese.  I mean, the idea of a cinnamon raisin bagel with strawberry cream cheese just seems weird to me.  I do like plain bagels with flavored cream cheese, though.  Especially honey nut. 
  2. Breakfast casserole - I make a breakfast casserole with eggs, bread, sausage, cheese, and mushrooms that I just love.  It's everything all in one and sooo good.
  3. Cereal - With all the varieties to choose from, who doesn't love cereal?  Some of my favorites are Fruity Pebbles, Cap'n Crunch Berries, and Frosted Mini Wheats.
  4. Coffee cake - specifically, the one I make.  It has lots of brown sugar and cinnamon and works great as a snack or for breakfast.  Logan especially loves it.
  5. Stuffed french toast - french toast in general is quite yummy (especially the kind fixed at Catherine's house by David) but IHOP has some very yummy stuffed french toast.  It's cinnamon raisin toast with a cream cheese filling.  Now who can't get behind that?  Add a side of bacon, and you're set.

No comments: