Thursday, August 19, 2010

Anniversary Dinner

So a few days ago I mentioned that Joey and I were celebrating our 8 year wedding anniversary.  We hadn't made any plans, and I kept casually asking if we were going to do anything (since we have a babysitter in the house, which we usually don't).  He kept telling me "No, we can't afford to do anything."  And I kept saying, "I don't believe you...just for the record."

Well, when I got home from work I was surprised with this:


The table set with our wedding china for a dinner prepared by Joey (with his assistant chefs, Barb & Logan).  Of course we were doing something. 


He had his mom get out wine glasses and water goblets (which we received as a wedding gift but have never used).  He made tuna steaks and asparagus, followed by strawberry shortcake for dessert.  After we were settled his mom took the kids to Cici's Pizza for dinner, followed by a bit of meandering through Target.

It was a lovely dinner and a lovely surprise.  And I expected no less.


P.S. I'd show you the picture of us sitting at the table, but I look like a bit of an idiot doing something really weird with my eyebrows.

No comments: