Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Are You There Motivation? It's Me, Michelle.

As I mentioned previously, when my mom got engaged in July I got inspired to lost some weight.  And I really worked hard.....the first 3 weeks.  I exercised every day, either doing strength exercises or cardio.  I tracked every morsel that went in my mouth and avoided most of the bad food stuff.  I was really proud of myself and lost 11 pounds and 2.5 inches during those weeks.

Then, on August 7, my mother in law came to visit.  I was, of course, happy to have her and appreciated all she did while she was here.  However, I don't like to exercise in front of other people (even Joey).  So I allowed myself to not do it "until she left."  Of course, I could have gone walking still, but it was easy to put walking into the category of "I'll do it when she leaves."

Here's where the real trouble starts, though.

Mom-in-law has been gone since last Thursday, August 19.  And I still haven't gone walking or done any exercising.  I've been telling myself that I've just been too busy/tired and I'll do it "tomorrow."   Last night I had very good intentions of putting on my tennis shoes after the kids went to bed and doing all my exercises.  Except I really wanted to finish looking through the ABC Distributors catalogue I'd received that day.  So I sat down on the couch to quickly finish it, only to be distracted by The Next Food Network Star, which Joey was watching on the DVR.  Then I finished up stuff in the kitchen and before I knew it, it was time for bed.  Sure, I could have stayed up late.  I just don't want/like to.

So another night down.  I'm still recording everything I eat and doing good in that area, so that's a plus.  I just have to track down my motivation again and get back to exercising my booty off (literally).  I think once I get started again I'll have no trouble getting back into that routine.  I just have to cross that first hurdle.

1 comment:

Cat@BudgetBlonde said...

Keep going girl. Hubby and I are trying to shed post wedding pounds together. It's definitely hard/frustrating esp with a busy schedule. P.S. Thanks for being a new follower!!!