Thursday, October 18, 2012

Car Trouble

Last week I noticed my car was making a weird squeaking noise, so I decided it would be a good idea to drive Joey's car until we could have it checked out. 

There is a set of hooks near the front door where we hang backpacks, purses, and keys.  On Friday morning I go to grab his keys and they're not there.  I'm in a hurry to get out the door (of course) so I go grab the spare keys, run out to the car, and start it up.

Well, try to start it up.  It won't start.  Dang it!  Being that I'm in a hurry I don't have time for this mess so I run back in the house, tell Joey the problem, get my keys, and take off in my car.  Joey realizes that the car battery is fine, it's something stupid with the security system which we've had a problem with before.  Thus begins another search for the primary set of keys.  We also realize that our GPS is nowhere to be found. 

Neither of these items have been located.  Joey's car is just chillin' in the driveway.  He called a Pontiac dealer and they faxed some instructions to fix the security problem.  The dealer said they work 80% of the time. Based on our history, I'm guessing we're in the 20%, but we'll see.  I haven't tried it yet. 

Last night we had a family outing to dinner and do some shopping.  When we got home Joey took my keys to open the front door and then hung them on the hooks.  When we were done getting everything out of the car I got the keys from the hook, locked my car, and put the keys back on the hook.

This morning my keys are not on the hook.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!  I am now convinced there is some weirdo sneaking into our house at night and hiding our keys.  I can not locate the spare set of keys for my car.  Thankfully, after some frantic searching and Logan suggesting we hot wire the car, I find the keys.  Apparently they dropped into a purse I'm not using.

I'm considering putting some kind of tracker on our keys, but I'd probably lose that too.

No comments: