Tuesday, October 16, 2012

20/20

I have worn glasses since sixth grade, which at this point means I've been wearing them for a little more than 20 years.  (Damn, I'm old). 

I have worn contacts since ninth grade.

From the moment I got contacts I abandoned my glasses.  I hated them.  They were ugly.  I only wore them at night after I'd taken my contacts out, until I woke up in the morning and put my contacts back in.  This continued until this year, my 33rd.

My eyes had been bothering me and it would have been really nice to take the contacts out and wear glasses for a while.  However, I have had my glasses since some time in college.  The prescription was more than a little out of date.  So I finally got some new ones.  That I love.  And I've been wearing them pretty regularly ever since.  To the point where yesterday, when I wore my contacts to work, I looked in the mirror and thought I looked strange without my glasses.

Funny how things change.

No comments: