Monday, October 22, 2012

Calm Weekend

Our past few weekends have been busy with a capital B.  We've either had visitors or been camping, both leaving little time for the normal weekend activities.  (Not complaining, just been running out of time lately.)

This weekend we didn't have any plans.  Finally a weekend where I could just concentrate on catching up, in anticipation of another weekend spent outdoors.

  • On my way home from work Friday I stopped and rented a movie for Grace (Coraline), and Just Dance 4 for Logan (which he requested).  After an easy chili dinner we danced for a while.  It's so much fun, and I'm so bad at it.
  • My BFF from fourth grade and beyond called in the middle of our dance party and effectively distracted me.  We talked for over an hour and it made me realize how much I miss having close friends close by.
  • Saturday morning I slept in just a bit, had cereal for breakfast, and took Grace to gymnastics.  Afterwards we stopped by Wal-Mart and piddled around.  When we got home we hung out for a while until...
  • We went to the kids Fall Festival for their school.  We walked over around 4:30 and played a bunch of dinky little games that they loved and got bags of candy for playing.  They each got to make their own candle; Logan made a football goal and Grace made a little bulletin board courtesy of Home Depot; we each got a cupcake from a local bakery that won Cupcake Wars on Food Network; we took a little hayride; they had the obligatory inflatable slide that the kids love; and we ended the day with frozen ice.  They had a blast and it always amazes me how many kids my children know.
  • We finished Saturday with meat loaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans for dinner while watching the new episodes of iCarly, Big Time Rush, and Victorious on Nickelodeon.
  • Sunday morning I got to sleep until almost 9, which is when the dog decided she'd had enough and I needed to get up.  I made a Cinnabon coffee cake for breakfast (which isn't as impressive as it sounds - it's from a box I bought at Sam's). 
  • We carved pumpkins and roasted pumpkin seeds (which the kids said were yummy).
  • I mowed the grass (which I declare will not be done again until the spring).
  • We picked up all the accumulated mess and vacuumed all the floors.  Grace even did some dusting.
  • I did all the laundry and even managed to get it put away (the hard part, if you ask me).
  • I made a pumpkin pie, which was yummy.
  • Joey made corned beef in the crock pot, which was also yummy.
  • We finished the day with bubble baths for the kids and Homeland for mommy.  It was a good weekend.

No comments: