Thursday, September 20, 2012

Four Eyes

Today Grace visited the eye doctor for the first time.  When she had her annual checkup a few weeks ago (we're late, don't judge me) she had a little trouble with her left eye so they said we should think about taking her to the eye doctor.  I decided to put it off a bit since Joey's in Kentucky and all.  However, I feel like she pulls the book up close to her face when we read at night.  Since I had to call to cancel an appointment for Joey, I figured I'd go ahead and make one for Grace, but expected we wouldn't be able to get in until October or November.  Surprisingly, they had an appointment for 9 a.m. today (because of a cancellation), so I grabbed it.

It turns out, her vision is really good, just a slight astigmatism in her left eye.  However, he found that there is a small (teeny, tiny) speck of metal in her right eye and it has a ring of rust around it.  That's right - she has rusting metal hanging out in her right cornea.  We get to go back on Monday, he'll numb her eye, and try to remove the metal.  If she can't handle him poking in her eye while it's numb, we'll get to go back again and he'll "put her under" so he can get it out.

And that's today's completely weird and random Rowe family happening.

No comments: