Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Week Off

This past week was Logan's spring break. Instead of figuring out something to do with Logan, my mother in law and two sisters in law offered to watch both kids for the week. This works out well for a number of reasons. The kids get to see all their cousins, which they love because they're all around the same age so they have a great time playing together. The kids get to visit with their grandparents and aunts and uncles, whom they don't see nearly enough. And finally, I get a break. An awesome, week long, much needed break.

We headed out last Saturday about 8:30 and met them in Princeton, WV to drop the kids off. I came back to Charlotte and immediately headed to Target to enjoy some calm, slow, shopping. Sunday morning I inteded to sleep until about 1:00, but woke up at 8:30 and began thinking of the things I wanted and needed to do that day. So I got up, made breakfast, and watched The Dark Night on pay per view. It was good, but the sound quality was terrible. I had to crank up the volume just to hear the actors. I then mowed the grass, vacuumed, and did lots of laundry.

On Monday evening, I watched the championship game of the NCAA tournament. I had trouble deciding who to be for. I had some hometown love for UNC, but if Michigan won I would beat Joey in our bracket challenge. In the end, I was happy UNC won.

I finally watched the Sex and the City movie. It was awesome! I have wanted to watch if forever, but always found a reason to put it off. I finally managed and it was very worth it. I also watched Marley and Me. The whole time I couldn't stop thinking about how much better the book was, until the end when I couldn't stop crying. The end made the movie for me.

I went to three stores by myself, which in my world, is a huge treat. I went grocery shopping at Food Lion, returned a shirt to Old Navy, browsed around Wal-Mart, and visited Target a second time. Oh, and I got a much needed haircut. She cut about 5 inches off and thinned out my thick mane to a manageable degree. I love it. I needed something different and at least I feel like it has some type of style now.

Today, Saturday, I got up and headed out to pick up my kids. They have been wild from the moment they got in the van. I'm not sure if they're extra nuts after their vacation, or if I just need to get readjusted. Whatever it is, I am happy to have them home. Feeling their little arms around my neck and sloppy kisses on my cheek makes any crazy they bring worth it.

No comments: