Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Going Redneck

My 5 year old son, Logan, loves watching Monster Truck Jam on TV. He wakes up at 7 a.m. most weekday mornings to watch it. He builds monster truck courses out of blocks and races his monster trucks on them. He loves them. My mother in law found out that there was going to be a monster truck show at the Dirt Track at Lowe's Motor Speedway. Knowing how much he'd love it, and how much fun we would have watching him enjoy it, she bought us all tickets to go. The Monster Truck Jam started at 7:30, but with an emtpy Vault bottle, you could come at 4 and go to a Pit Party where you can see all the trucks up close and meet the drivers.As I sit here writing this, he is telling me the name of this driver he's getting an autograph from. Seriously, he loves it. Anyway, needless to say he had a blast. Gracie didn't enjoy it quite as much. She found it a bit loud for her tastes - kept her head pressed against my chest while I covered the other ear with my hand - and proceeded to take a 45 minute nap. I have no idea how she managed it, but that's a kid for you.
So the whole family got to go and we had a blast. We even got Joey out of the house for the night, which is enough to make us all happy.

No comments: