Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summer Break

Have you heard?  Summer break officially began (for me) this past Sunday when Joey and I came home from Kentucky.  Without the kids.  That's right, for the next month and a half or so, we're childless.  We left them back on the farm, in the holler, with Joey's family.

The day we were leaving, Sunday, Gracie woke up with a tummy ache.  She was so pitiful, going back and forth to the bathroom.  She looked at me and said, "Mommy, I wish you were going home yesterday."  I asked if she meant tomorrow, and she said yes.  Then, once breakfast was ready (we had it late), she was back to normal and ate a pretty good breakfast.  Later, as she was "helping" me load the car, Uncle Kelly came by on the riding lawn mower and asked if she wanted to go with him.  Well of course she did, but I told her she'd have to wait until later since we were leaving in a little bit.  She ran to me, gave me a kiss, said I love you, and ran off to the house to tell Joey bye.  That was it.  She was clearly heartbroken. 

Logan, on the other hand, didn't run off and gave us both big hugs and kisses when we left.  Of course, I'm pretty sure he started trying to figure out how to be reunited with his cousin Kaleb as soon as we were gone.

That evening we called to let them know we made it home and were informed that Gracie had thrown up on mawmaw's kitchen floor.  I was really sad to have missed that.  She seems to have been find since then, though.

Happy summer!

No comments: