Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tidbits

  • Logan and Grace finally came home from their summer with my family-in-law.  I missed them desperately, but immediately felt tired when they walked in the door.
  • Gracie came home with the strongest southern accent ever.  Two weeks later it has finally diminished, but it took going to school to get rid of it completely.
  • Miss Gracie started kindergarten.  She is generally a very outoing, confident little girl, so when she started expressing concerns a few days beforehand I was rather surprised.  However, true to form, she overcame it and has loved going to school on the big orange bus.  Waking up in the morning...not so much.
  • Joey flew to KY early Sunday morning to visit his family for a few weeks.  Molly seems to be depressed without him there.
  • Logan got 8 ant bites on his foot on Saturday.  His poor little foot was so swollen.  The first few days he said it hurt, then it started itching.  The swelling finally went down Monday afternoon and he seems to be on the mend.
  • I left the house this morning before the kids got on the bus.  I worried about it the whole way to work and considered calling the school to make sure they arrived safely.  Then figured they'd call me if something went wrong and got on with my day.
  • Cub Scouts has officially started back up after the summer break.  I'm exhausted just thinking about it.
  • We are on the lookout for a program for Grace to get involved in. I'm thinking Girl Scouts or gymnastics. She spent yesterday morning doing front rolls on my bed.

No comments: