Thursday, September 3, 2009

I know, I know...

It's been a long time friends. Just about the whole summer. I haven't found/created time to update this lovely blog, so here I go.

  • In early June, my sisters came for a visit. We visited Ikea (I was a first timer) which was cool; however, it would have been even cooler if I could afford to buy stuff. We took the kids to have their pictures made at Portrait Innovations courtesy of Jessica's employee discount/free session. They turned out really well - the kids did great. We also took a picture of the three of us, which I wasn't so crazy about. We also went through some of dad's old stuff - pictures and medals and random stuff he saved. It was really neat to do that, but also made me realize how much I didn't know about him. I loved visiting with them - I wish we lived closer together so we could do it more often.
  • ON June 22nd Logan visited the dentist for the first time. He did much better than I expected him to since he can be very shy, timid, and scared when doing new things. He did great through the cleaning and the x-rays. The dentist found a small spot that could turn into a cavity, but since it was around $250 to fix it, we've put it off until it becomes a cavity, hoping he'll lose it first anyway.
  • The last week of the month June, including the 4th of July, we went to Lake Lure with Joey's family. We had an awesome time. The kids had so much fun playing with their cousins. I came home when the week was over, but Joey and the kids went to Kentucky for another couple of weeks. They had fun there and I enjoyed a short break from the crazy life I live.
  • The first Monday of July I took a work trip to visit a new client in Manhattan. I went with my two bosses, which was mildly akward, and didn't have any sightseeing time, but we had an awesome dinner with the client and drinks at a rooftop bar with a great view of the city. Good times.
  • My "baby boy" turned 6 on July 13. My mom came down for the weekend and we had a little party at the house for him. I got him a cake from Target that had a racetrack on it and two racecars which he loved.
  • My "baby boy" also lost his first tooth (dang it, I didn't write down the date, of course). It wiggled for a long time before it finally came out and he was scared about losing it. I finally convinced him to eat an apple and in the first few bites it came out. The tooth fairy forgot to get cash out to leave for him so she dumped out Joey's change cup in his closet floor and managed to dig out $1.50 in dimes. He lost his second tooth shortly thereafter, although it involved mommy pulling it out. It took a few different attempts, but I finally got it. His two permanent teeth had already grown in behind the baby teeth, so now they're just moving into their final locations. Because of that, though, he didn't have that cute period where he had the gap in his smile.
  • On August 17th Joey and I celebrated 7 years of marital bliss. Yay!
  • I celebrated by taking the kids with me on a work outing. Every year our office meets up with our Greenville office for a joint outing. It took place this year in Greenville at the Greenville zoo. The kids had a great time - for each kid there are 2 kids around their age that came too. We were worn out, but had fun.
  • On August 25th Logan began 1st grade. He seems to like his teacher and there are a couple of kids from his class last year in his class this year. He also seems to be meeting up with some other kids from last year on the playground. He declared to me on the second day of school that, "Savannah said I could marry her." So that's settled. At least I don't have to pay for the wedding. ;-)
  • We have found some great friends in our neighbors, Julie and Chelsea. They watched Logan over the summer and get him off the school bus now. Unfortunately, they are also renting their house and the owner decided to sell. This week they've packed up and moved down the road a bit. It's not too far away, but it was so nice being friendly with a neighbor and having them there.

So, that's it. Hopefully I'll do a better job updating in the future, but I wouldn't count your chickens before they've hatched.

No comments: