Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday!

January 3rd would have been my dad's 64th birthday. Wow. It's crazy to think that my dad would be that age now. I guess in my head he'll always be 57, or really, more like 50 since I think he was happy then. Anyway, on my dad's birthday you could always count on two things. He would request liver and onions for his birthday meal, and a German chocolate cake for his, well, cake. These are both things I would never eat. No liver, no thank you. However, I seem to have had a change of heart when it comes to the coconut icing on the cake. When thinking about these 2 birthday standards, I decided a German chocolate cake sounded delicious. So, in honor of my dad, I baked, and ate, a German chocolate cake with cocount icing. And let me tell you, it was delicious.

No comments: